So for those of you who are new to the Catwalk, I will answer the questions you are most wanting know:What is the Points Bomb Challenge?
Well, it is our annual end of the year challenge that throws you into creating a HUGE collection for a massive number of points towards our year end prizes. There are very specific rules to just how you earn these points too, so pay attention! Unlike previous years, however, this year will be adding a new category and thus more points.How many designs?
17... You read that right. 17. There will be four categories with four designs each and a single show piece design, a wedding gown. (Don't ask, I've been on a wedding kick lately.)How long do I have to finish this?
Until January 30th. That's 3 months. It's a lot more time then you think.So... Points?
As I mentioned before there are several layers of points available to you to earn. I will try to explain it to the best of my ability because it can get confusing. This is a 17 piece challenge but you do not have to do all 17 but you won't get all the points if you don't. I'll break it down for you...
1. For each design you submit in one of the four main categories you will get 5 points per look - possible 20 points per category, 80 points total!
2. For each design category you complete (that's 4 designs each) you will get an extra 10 points per category - possible 40 points.
3. For completing all 17 designs total you will get a bonus 30 points.
4. For completing all 16 main category designs by November 30th you will get 30 extra points; December 31st is 20 extra points; and if you finish it before our groups anniversary on January 14th you'll get an extra 10 points. You will only earn one of the three bonus point levels not all three.
5. Now... You do not have to complete the 17th look for your collection to go to the voting polls (which there will be 6! different polls - one for each completed catagory mini collection, the main completed collection and the show piece)... However! If you do you will earn 25 points just for that single design plus it has its own poll.
That's a possible 205 Points!
This doesn't include our regular poll points and overall placement points!
Now then, on to the real meat of this challenge - Your categories and inspirations! Your categories are...
1. Swim wear
2. Casual Day Wear
3. Business Wear (think executives)
4. Evening Wear
5. Show Piece Look
You can do either male or female designs for each category but you can ONLY submit a MAXIMUM of 4 designs per category (minimum is, of course, 1). Again, you don't have to do all the categories or all 4 designs in each but this is for the points, people!
Now, I pondered. I threw out ideas. I racked my brain. Finally... I decided upon desserts.
But not just any desserts!
Each inspiring image I have provided is a traditional sweet treat from a different country. The reasoning behind my choice? Not only do I want you to draw upon the actual dessert but the country of origin for your designs. You may only use each inspiration once. 1 design = 1 inspiration. So all 17 designs will have a different inspiration.
Your inspirations are as follows (the dessert name holds the link!):
Canada: Butter Tarts
China: Dragon & Phoenix Cake
England: Sticky Toffee Pudding
(I was debating Spotted dick but...)
Germany: Baumkuchen or Tree Cake
India: Gulab Juman
Italy: Pana Cotta
Japan: Sakura Blossom Jelly Dessert
Malaysia: Kueh Bangkit
Middle East: Baklava
Sweden: Prinsesstarta or Princess Cake
Thailand: Mango Sticky Rice with Coconut Cream
Vietnam: Banh Da Lon
(This is a personal favorite!)
Okay, so I've given you the point layout, the categories and the inspirations... What else?
I'm sure you guys will come up with some questions for me, so I'll just get on with the rules. Now, you have to stick to these rules to get the points so pay very close attention.The Rules!
1. All designs you are submitting MUST be in the proper gallery folder NO LATER then Midnight PST on January 31st, 2015.
2. You MUST have the category and inspiration listed somewhere on the design OR in your description.
3. To earn the bonus category points you must have 4 designs based on 4 different inspirations per category. Submitting designs with the same inspirations to different categories will result in only one of them counting for points - typically the first one submitted. You may submit extras to the Past Challenges folder for points.
4. To earn all of the bonus collection points you must submit ALL 17 designs total - each with a different inspiration by the deadline.
5. You MUST incorporate the inspiration and country of origin into each design.
6. All designs may be submitted separately. Or if you are doing the full 4 designs you may submit all four in one submission per category. So, all business, all swimwear, etc.
7. All designs must be fully completed BEFORE they are submitted.
8. While our affiliates can do this challenge to earn non member points - ONLY MEMBERS will have their points counted towards the end of year, top three prizes.
Here is the link to the gallery: Points Bomb Challenge
It is your responsibility to submit them to the proper category folder for them to count. NonMembers (Affiliate Members) do have a separate folder for their submissions located in that gallery.Best of Luck!